Edit/Change user name

edited June 2021 in General
Is it possible to modify the name displayed in the forums? It's displaying the mail id, instead how can i choose a simple user name to be displayed in the form?

Comments

• Yes, it is possible.
    1. After login, click on "Account Options" icon (a smiley on the top right hand side of the home page).
    2. There you can see "View Profile" and "Edit Profile".
    3. Click on "Edit Profile"
    4. Untick "Allow other members to see your email?"
    But if you had created your account using your email id, that will be displayed.
  • Yes, it is possible.

1. After login, click on "Account Options" icon (a smiley on the top right hand side of the home page).
    2. There you can see "View Profile" and "Edit Profile".
    3. Click on "Edit Profile"
    4. Untick "Allow other members to see your email?"
    But if you had created your account using your email id, that will be displayed.
    I think, the user name can be changed in the "Edit Profile" window, I have not tried though. I have seen many members having the user name email id the same which is in a way easy to remember the login credentials unlike having different values.

• But if you had created your account using your email id, that will be displayed.

Thanks Rishi. I think this is the issue. Can you please delete my account? I will recreate without email id, but a user name. I don't thinking leaving email id open is a good idea.
  • Done. You may create a new account now. But please make sure you use a unique username in the username field and provide a valid email id in the email field. This email id will not be visible to the public unless you change that in your profile settings.
  • Thanks Rishi, for deleting and approving the new account.
This discussion has been closed.